We will use this page to track all things related to this year’s ARRL Field Day on June 26 & 27. You do not have to be a Santa Rosa County ARES member or a member of any club, all are welcome! The actual event is for 24 hours from Saturday June 26 at 1:00P central until Sunday June 27 at 1:00P central. We are focusing on Saturday June 26 from 1-6P for a fun family event with activities for the family.
What is Field Day?
Field Day is ham radio’s open house. Every June, more than 40,000 hams throughout North America set up temporary transmitting stations in public places to demonstrate ham radio’s science, skill and service to our communities and our nation. It combines public service, emergency preparedness, community outreach, and technical skills all in a single event. Field Day has been an annual event since 1933, and remains the most popular event in ham radio.
We also invite the public, elected officials, members of law enforcement, fire/ems, and emergency management to drop in and see what amateur radio is all about and how we use it to serve our community.
We’ve got several fun family activities planned and we invite the general public to attend on Saturday from 1:00 until 6:00PM on Saturday June 26. During this time we’ll also be hosting a food drive for Foodraising Friends. You can find the list of items they collect here. Each person that brings at least one item to donate will receive a raffle entry for a prize.
Actual field day operations are from 1:00PM on Saturday June 26 through 1:00PM on Sunday June 27 so you can drop in anytime but the main family fun activities will be available from 1:00PM until 6:00PM on Saturday June 26.
- Setup begins at 7:30AM on June 26. Breakfast will be provided
- We will be operating a full 24 hours from 1:00PM on June 26 to 1:00PM on Sunday June 27
- We will operate inside of the ARES/RRPA & Emergency Management trailers in the north parking lot of the Santa Rosa County EOC (4499 Pine Forest Road in Milton, FL.)
- Our operations plan can be found here
- Official Rules can be found here
- Amateur radio license testing will be available at 5:00PM
- Want to spread the word? Download the flyer here