Santa Rosa County EOC Radio Room
Thanks to the Santa Rosa County Department of Emergency Management as well as donations by ARES members, we have a well appointed radio room at our EOC.
- 2 – Kenwood TS-2000 HF/VHF/UHF Radios
- 1 – Yaesu FTM-400 VHF/UHF Radio
- 2 – Kenwood TM-D710 VHF/UHF Radios
- Winlink VHF RMS Gateway – 145.090 (K4SRC-10)
- APRS iGate
- 2 Primary operating positions on a segmented LAN
- 1 Alternate operating position on the EOC LAN
- 4 – Yaesu FT-70DR Radios w/camera mics
- This gives us the capability to send pictures back to the EOC from the field
- 5 – iCOM V8000 VHF Radios
- 5 – Dell Laptops
Mobile Communications Trailer
Thanks to our supporting partner organization, the Rural Radio Preparedness Association, we will have access to their newly donated mobile communications trailer. It was picked up on February 19, 2021 and is currently being outfitted. More to come!
Our primary repeater is a Yaesu DR-2X located in Milton, FL. The repeater, feedline, and antenna have been recently replaced due to damage from the two hurricanes we endured in 2020. The antenna is mounted approximately 400′ high and is DB-224. Thanks to our Emergency Coordinator, Arc-W4CPD, this repeater is accessible via Echolink K4SRC-R or AllStarLink node # 515591.
We also have a fully functioning DSTAR system connected to the internet on both VHF (147.330) and UHF (444.925). The repeater system callsign is KI4WZA. The VHF module is linked to REF046A, Florida Statewide, but may be linked to other reflectors if you wish to try it out. The UHF module is linked to the “Quadnet Array” which links DSTAR to DMR and Fusion.